Sunday, August 29, 2004

Historical Methods sources and links

Since this blog is being set up for a course in Historical Methods, let me link to a couple of important sites. I will eventually have all my links open in new windows, when I can figure out how. And I will eventually have a long list of links along the border of the page.

The main site we will be using for the course is History Matters, out of the Center for History and New Media at George Mason University. This site, with resources for teaching the American History survey course, will be useful especially for those of you who intend to become history teachers. They also have a new site for World History teachers called World History Matters.

Check out the section on History Matters called Making Sense of Evidence. We will be reading a number of these articles throughout the semester.

While we are here, I encourage you also to check out the History News Network, a site which often engages with the links between the past and current political controversies -- something we will be doing alot of this term. More later.

No comments: