Tuesday, November 02, 2004

some thoughts on voting

From Cathy:
I just came from casting my vote and I have to tell you I am amazed at the amount of people I saw coming and going from the polls. Women with small children, elderly who need the use of a cane, and it occured to me that moe than anything this election I hope for a record voter turnout. You mentioned how angry you were with Bush for taking September 11th away from the American people, but what I am angriest about es the Republican attempts to scare people out of voting or the outright attempt to block valid votes. There was an article today in the Times about a judge in Ohio who denied the Republicans the right to challenge the validity of voters and I say THANK GOD!
Update: the Supreme court upheld the ability of challengers to be inside the polling places.

No comments: