Thursday, February 03, 2005

Haliburton in Iran

I have no problem with Halliburton Doing Business With the 'Axis of Evil'. I don't even care if they are breaking the law. In fact, I am sure they are too smart to do that:
Halliburton spokeswoman Wendy Hall said the company had not broken the law because all of the work in the South Pars gas field would be done by non-Americans employed by a subsidiary registered in the Cayman Islands.
See how great those offshore subsidiaries are? What pleases me is that Haliburton can now over-bill and cheat another country into bankruptcy. They are actually doing a great public service to the U.S. -- the highest form of patriotism.

Now, if only they would stop bilking American citizens.

[update: I missed this: Halliburton Will Withdraw From Energy Projects in Iran. I guess they're gettin' out before the war destroys their investments.]

No comments: