Sunday, October 31, 2004

blog the vote

This comes to me from a reader and I thought it worthy of passing along:
My name is Keith Kritselis, and I have a couple websites that I am trying to publicize.
http://www.mypollingsite.com

The website's goal is to help voters find their polling place. Our database of online poll locators has been slowly growing. We now can get 63% of the US population the exact location of their polling site in 4 clicks or less. For the other 37% we provide a local phone number where they can call to get the information they need. This service is free to the public, it has no political affiliation or agenda, and I truly believe that civic participation is the key to a responsive government. This is a small 1 man operation with no marketing dollars. Anything you can do to help get the word out would be greatly appreciated.

As a sister site, I have created with my friend Ben Davis, http://www.blogthevote.org/

In running the polling site, I've been getting a lot of people upset with their local county polling site, and looking to complain to someone. I cannot do much to help specifically, but we decided to create a blog where we list news stories of election problems. We have cataloged over 150 articles in 34 states, and it's growing by the hour. The content is organized by state so a user can click on their state and read about any problems in their region...

Thanks,
Keith

No comments: