Friday, September 03, 2004

big bad voodoo daddy

So it turns out that the four-year-old, when he is chanting "Bush must be defeated" thinks that "defeated" means "killed." So I am feeling like a pretty bad father, letting my son harbor and vent those sentiments. And then the 11-year-old jumps in, shocked that her little brother would say such a thing. "Don't you know that would mean Cheney would become President!!!!" So, again, I am feeling like I probably shouldn't be allowed to raise kids at all. And I certainly don't have the heart to let them know about Hastert.

But it looks like we will all turn out alright. I feel better after reading this (via Digby): "White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card said yesterday that President Bush views America as a '10-year-old child' in need of the sort of protection provided by a parent."

No comments: